How can it benefit our pupils and their families?
By offering the opportunity to attend a club such as LGG within your school you are supporting families to achieve a healthier lifestyle long-term. Therefore:
- Helping children to achieve recommendations such as 60 minutes of physical activity and 5 fruit and vegetables per day
- Reducing their risk of obesity and related conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Helping families achieve a healthy weight long term
- Supporting learning, health and wellbeing within your school environment
- Supporting development of your pupils self-esteem and confidence
Our fully DBS checked instructors, who are experts in nutrition, physical activity and behaviour change will lead sessions and support children to learn about key health messages through fun and interactive games. Hosting a healthy lifestyle service within your school can held in achieving awards such as healthy schools status and elements of the Ofsted inspection.
What will it involve at our school?
The LGG team will organise, promote and deliver LGG in your school 100% free of charge! We work closely in partnership with schools to arrange a suitable and convenient timetable for the club as well as an appropriate hall space to deliver the 10 weekly sessions.
Assemblies, fun taster sessions and activities can be arranged beforehand in order to promote the service within your school.
We ask that you facilitate promotion by allowing us to send home leaflets to all families within years 3 -6 to offer them the opportunity to attend, leaflets and promotional posters will be supplied to distribute around the school prior to the club.